Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Burma Halloween: Scare the neighborhood as Than Shwe!

I know! I'm late! But I finally got the pipeline story I've been looking for because of it!

Japan: Burma Could Ease Aung San Suu Kyi's Detention
"Japanese officials say a top Burmese official has suggested the military regime could ease restrictions on opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi..."  but my uncle's wife's sister said...

Rohingyas Forced to Work on Border Fence
"The Rohingya are a stateless Muslim minority who face severe discrimination in Burma."

Rights Groups Call for China to Halt Construction of Pipeline in Burma
"...abuses appeared to have started in the project area, including attacks on local fishermen."

Your local news girl,
Anne K Lynch
 
P.S. Not exactly on topic, but because I have self-interest here:


Interested in Buddhism? Ever wonder why AU doesn't have a student organization for Buddhists? Whether you are a religious Buddhist, a philosophical Buddhist, or just curious about Buddhism, come to Kay Lounge today, October 28, 9:15 p.m., for a short period to assess student interest and discuss what a nonsectarian Buddhist youth group would look like. Contact Anne Lynch at al3281a@student.american.edu or Christine Gettings at gettings@american.edu for more information.

Don't hurt me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.